The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Birth House


I don't know if you American gals have heard of this book, but it's pretty big here in Canada.
It's set in rural Nova Scotia, around the time of the first World War. It pits Dora, a new young midwife, against a doctor who wants to bring a birthing hospital to the area.
It's a beautiful book, to read and to look at.
The author has an interesting website about it.
My monthly bookclub discussed it last night, and I got signed bookplates from the author for everyone, and made a recipe for groaning cake from the book. Needless to say, I was a hit!

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 08, 2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Netter said...

I had not heard of the book....I'm going to look into it. Sounds like a great book club. My "real" book club kind of tinkered out...busy, people...busy, buys.

 
At Friday, September 08, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I know. There were about 20 ladies the first night I went, now we're down to about 9.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home