The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Whitethorn Woods


Reading Maeve Binchy is like slipping into a warm bath, or your favourite fuzzy slippers. Or maybe like getting a hug from your Nana. Comfortable.
Whitethorn is the fourth book, I believe, from Maeve since she announced her retirement a few years ago. It's a series of stories about people living near a shrine to St. Ann, in a small Irish town. The shrine is threatened by a new highway.
This isn't my favourite Maeve (that would be Scarlet Feather or Tara Road) but it's a pleasant, easy read, that Maeve fans should enjoy.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Netter said...

I'm going to check her stuff out. You make her books sound so inviting.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

You should try Tara Road or Scarlet Feather.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Netter said...

I just wrote it down and put it in my wallet. I just started reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter bu Kim Edwards, so I have to finish that first.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:24:00 AM, Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

The Memory Keeper is my book club's October pick. You'll have to let me know how it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home