The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Monday, July 24, 2006

The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown

I can't believe this book isn't on here already. I thought everyone had read it but me! I admit I wasn't going to read this book but my mother-in-law lent it to us and wants it back and I needed something to read...

I LOVE this book. It's so good. Suspenseful and mysterious and yet easy enough to follow even if you don't get all the references (like me). It's a fast read too. All in all, it probably took me less than 8 hours and that's with kids. I wanted to lock them in a closet so I could fully enjoy the book. Now I just wish it was longer. I don't see anything sacreligious about it. It does confirm something I've suspected at least since I was a teenager - that women were written out of the Bible on purpose. I don't know that I agree with everything Dan Brown suggests but I also haven't researched into any of these subjects either.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:25:00 AM, Blogger Kym said...

His other book "Angels and Demons" is great too! Definitely try to get a hold of that one! But some people don't like reading them too close together since they are the same format.

 
At Monday, August 14, 2006 6:41:00 PM, Blogger Netter said...

Oh yeah, Angels and Demons is great too...I agree with Kim, actually I think I prefered it. I didn't put it on here because I read it so long ago...but I am glad you liked it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home