The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Pillars of the Earth


I actually read an entire book! And it was a good book too. It's called "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. My husband recommended it to me - he claims it is the best book he's ever read. I don't know that I would go THAT far, but it is very good. It's set in the 1100's in England. It's mainly about a builder and his family but is also about a priest and an Earl's daughter and various other people who are all intertwined together and also about the cathedral these people are either trying to build or trying to keep from being built. There were a few surprises in here, mainly the death of who I thought was the main character. It's a very good story - I hated to put it down and couldn't wait for the kids to get to bed so I could continue reading it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home