The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Please Stop Laughing At Me

This is a really good book that deals with the subject of bullying. I really related to this book because I was a victim of bullying when I was in school. I was picked on quite a bit and after reading this book I realize that it was because I refused to be mean to other students. This book will open your eyes to the problem of bulling and make you rethink the phrase "kids will be kids" I think that we should make school a place where a child is not singled out or brutally picked on. I was shocked at how the authors family and her teachers treated the author. Miss Blanco was not afraid to do the right thing she stuck up for others and took a lot of abuse because of that. This is a must read.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 28, 2006 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Uck, that looks like it would bring back painful memories of Debbie Thibideau, a monster-sized 16 year old in GRADE NINE who used to beat all of us normal sized junior high kids up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home