The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Will's Choice

As if you couldn't tell, I have been on a non-fiction kick. This is a book that all parents of teens and pre-teens should read. This is a mother's story about her son who has been suffering from deep depression. Just when Will seems to be getting better and appears happier he takes an overdose of pills. He doesn't want to die, he just doesn't want to live with the pain. I cried through the first chapter of this book, but after that it gave a lot of insight into how a child who is deeply depressed feels. After reading this book, I talked with my daughter and she opened up about a time in her life when she was overwhelmed with depression. I had no idea. I am thankful that I read this book.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this good review of my book. It's been over six years since my son's suicide attempt; sometimes it feels like a million years ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday. He's now quite well, has moved on and we hardly ever touch on this bout of depression or the suicide attempt. I can only hope that most of us who experience a terrifying downdraft with a kid have as happy an outcome. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Gail

 
At Thursday, October 04, 2007 9:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your response. Words can not express how thankful I am for your book. God bless you and your family.

Cindy

 
At Friday, January 11, 2008 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Rockstar Mom said...

Oh how cool is that Cindy! That the author would find your review!! Wow.

I have been trying to find this book since you wrote this review. It has not turned up yet in my favorite local bookstores. Guess I'll have to special order it.

 
At Friday, February 29, 2008 8:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought mine from www.walmart.com.

Cindy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home