The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Don't Kiss Them Good-Bye


I purchased this book on a whim. My boy-friend was taking forever shoping in Fry's Electronics. I wandered over to the book department and began thumbing through this book. I was instantly captivated. (Not to mention that I found it on a 50% off cart.)
I have never watched the NBC Show "The Medium". But this book is the story of Allison DuBois, who is the inspiration for the show "The Medium".
The book is written just like she speaks. It was engaging and super informative. I have personally been struggling with the death of my Grandmother, the suicide of a cousin, and the death of my Great Aunt all within a period of four months. Since then, I have had dreams about my Grandmother twice and my cousin three times. This book was instrumental in helping me understand why I see them still in my dreams. In an odd way, it afforded me closure.
I read this book from cover to cover in less than a week. I am sorry to say I can not pass it on to any fellow Blogger Book Clubbers. I had to pass it along to family. If it comes back to me, I'll let you know.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:30:00 PM, Blogger Netter said...

Oh yeah, if it ends up in your hands again, I'd like to be the first on the list.

I visited a Medium several years ago and that man knew things that he couldn't possible know or guess. My Uncle Randy was talking up a storm. I was skeptical...I wasn't letting him trick me into giving him things...and luckily I just listened and after it was over, I was speachless....everyone knows that THAT never happens to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home