The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Something Borrowed


This is my first entry and I'd like say that I'm honored to be here and thank you Netter for the invite. This is a great idea.
With that said, I really enjoyed this book by Emily Griffin. It is on rare occassions that I venture away from what I know and love. (Sandra Brown & John Grisham) But a friend gave me this book and seemed to have enjoyed it, so I gave it a shot. Within the first few paragraphs, I was drawn in.
The story revolves around Rachel who is beginning a new chapter in her life by celebrating her 30th birthday. She becomes tangled in a love affair with her best-friend's fiance. This spoiled best-friend has a selfish and somewhat spiteful history. For Rachel, this brings on an interesting mix of feelings as well as the opportunity to achieve a level of vindication.
This is an easy read and once I got in a quiet & comfy place, I didn't want to put it down. The story line has just enough twists to keep it interesting in it's simplicity. The sequel is Something Blue, which is the story of Darcy, the selfish and now pregnant best-friend.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 01, 2007 9:24:00 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That seems to be a nice book. Don't know if I can find one over where I am. Anyway, I took note of the title and the author. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting and posting on my post on the Carnival of Finance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home