The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Friday, November 25, 2005

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell


You know, I never had to read this story in high school but my friend did and she swore it was the best book ever. So I bought it. Scarlett made me so mad by stealing her sister's fiance that I couldn't read anymore after that. It took over 6 months before I could even pick the book up again. I finished it, but I will never read it again. I think I gave the book to charity. It may be a classic but I hated the story. To this day, I only remember Scarlett as a mean-spirited home-wrecking wench and that's about it. I refuse to watch the movie and have certainly never read the 2nd book in the "series". I know I'm in the minority here, but I feel much better now.

3 Comments:

At Friday, December 02, 2005 2:17:00 PM, Blogger Netter said...

Jez, you didn't talk me into reading it with that little blog. lol!

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I have noe desire to read this book.

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 5:12:00 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Oh, no love? I adored this book - much deeper than the film, and a true capturing of a bygone age. If you've got a few days (weeks? months?) to spare, I would definitely recommend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home