The Bloggers Book Club

This is the no pressure book club. If you have read a great book, blog about it, and if we are interested in it we will read it and comment about it. It's that simple. See, no pressure, no monthly meetings, ah!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

I was looking through my pile of books that I read and have not passed on to others yet and found my copy of The Time Traveler's Wife. I really liked this book a lot...Ok, I loved it. This extraordinary, magical novel is the story of Clare and Henry who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder: periodically his genetic clock resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. His disappearances are spontaneous and his experiences are alternately harrowing and amusing. The Time Traveler's Wife depicts the effects of time travel on Henry and Clare's passionate love for each other with grace and humour. Their struggle to lead normal lives in the face of a force they can neither prevent nor control is intensely moving and entirely unforgettable. If you want to read it, I'll mail you my copy...first come, first served.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Tami said...

OK this sounds interesting. You know I love to read. I just need to carve out some time to do it. When? When? When? If it's a really good book - I can find the time even if it's just 15 minutes here and there.
Now let me wrack my brain to see if I've read any good books lately. Lately, in this case, would be the past few years.

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 5:14:00 AM, Blogger Claire said...

I loved this book (my friend gave me a copy because the main characters have the names of one of my best guy friends and I!), it's genuinely like nothing else I've ever read. Glad you liked it too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home